COVID-19 Info Centre
We want to make sure we are in communication with you all about the efforts that we’re taking here at Feed the Need In Durham around COVID-19.
We continue to work with our partners to provide food throughout Durham Region, and we have a team in place monitoring and responding to the situation. Nutritious food is critical to maintain good health, so it’s more important than ever to reach our neighbors in need.
The safety and well-being of our neighbors, partners, staff, visitors, and volunteers is top priority. We have created a comprehensive plan to address COVID-19. Here are some of the measures we’re implementing to protect our community:
- We are implementing a no handshake policy at FTND while COVID-19 remains a concern. Please do not shake hands with staff, volunteer, or visitors. We recommend waving or verbally greeting people instead.
- We will be rescheduling or canceling any in-person gatherings and meetings. For example, our team will be postponing and currently scheduled partner agency monitors and tours with groups, donors, etc.
- Our volunteer orientations and tours are temporarily suspended. We will offer virtual orientations instead.
- We ask all staff and volunteers to please take all necessary precautions if you are immunocompromised or live with/care for someone who is immunocompromised. We support their decisions.
- We ask everyone to stay home if sick. Individuals who arrive on site with symptoms will be sent home.
- Please thoroughly and frequently wash your hands in compliance with our routine hand washing policy, and follow other guidelines provided by Durham Region around disease containment.
- We are discouraging volunteers who have traveled internationally, or have interacted with someone who has, to please not volunteer with us.
In times of uncertainty, we remain reassured by the community spirit of our incredible supporters, volunteers, donors and partners. FTND encourages the public to make website donations to allow us to be nimble and flexible in our response. Financial support will not only allow for neighbors and community members to stay home, it’ll allow us to respond in the ways that we see fit.
Members like you allow us to be swift in our daily response to hunger. We hope we can continue to count on your support in these challenging times.